Saturday, November 18, 2006

Dovre x2

I just have to add - that the D0vre club is my absolute favorite place to go. Where else can I take Angie to make eye contact with cute boys from across the bar...contemplating buying him shots so as to escape the weird straggling dude with red hair and creepy eyeglasses who won't stop talking to him. That last bit may make absolutely no sense - unless you were there with me tonight. But seriously. I bought a round of drinks the night before tonight (ie yesterday) on a line of credit with the bartender, Elvis. When I walked in tonight I reminded this most fabulous of bartenders that I owed him money. He proceeded to charge me for three drinks (the two I was buying tonight + only one of the two that I drank last night) because I, "Brought all my friends to the bar last night." I was just surprised that all my lame work friends behaved.

I just have to share that this bar is my new home away from Oakland.

And burritos are good.

And by home away from Oakland I mean the place makes me want to stay past closing - like a Tom Waits song - so I have to take a taxi home.

The Dovre Club is snuggly...and I love it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home