Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Pirates Rule.

I want to tell kids who are just approaching theit first foray into the "real world" that it's not all it's made up to be. I feel like they deserve a warning for the next 5 or 10 years. But then I realize that a lot of the kids who enter the work force are completely useless and totally inexperienced. And then I figure that these shitbag kids will be making more money for doing less work than me right out of school. Why? Because they know some cock who went to the same fraternity as they did. So fuck those kids.

Seriously, I'm second guessing my decision to pass for a player in the corporate world. People at work are just slightly off kilter for me - all into renting Tahoe cabins for the snowboarding season and shit. Going to lunch at different restaurants because that's interesting. I feel like a character in American Psycho.

In any case, I miss being alone. I never have alone time anymore - sometimes I'm lucky to have a few hours on the weekend. Eh. It's making me very tense.

Enough bitterness. I'm actually not doing bad lately - I'm just stressed at work and it's bleeding into my world. I am enjoying the brisk fall weather - both the torrential rain and the crisp sunny days. It's good thinking weather. Red wine. Pot. Radiohead. Ruminations. Heater.

I've been needing a 40-on-the-beach-talking-about-life night. It's not Santa Cruz. I can't rock that anymore, which is sad.

Bygones. I'm content. Stressed, but content. This is all I ask for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home