Monday, December 18, 2006

Day 1 with Madre

All around - not too bad. The Madre came in at about 3AM - three cat carriers and four suitcases must mean she's planning on staying a while. I was stoned, half-asleep and completely retarded. But the house was clean & warm and she didn't seem to care about my state of mind (hmmm...).
We both woke up this morning to phone calls from my Dad - asking us for information he should already have and doesn't need to know - you know, can we maybe shoot for 10pm when making those kinds of calls, please?
I made coffee, we sat in the sun and talked about times past. Mostly we just bitched about Dad and then moved on to getting ready for the day.
She called tonight and asked if I wanted a ride from the BART - wow. That's kind of cool. Rides from the BART. I could get used to this.

I got home, opened some wine, VPN'd in to Current, put my headphones on and worked while she fell asleep to House, MD and The Antique Roadshow. I have to set my alarm and wake her up for work tomorrow. I'm revelling in the irony right now, it's pretty amusing.

In other news: I'm not a total loser who has fun hanging out with her mom. In fact, I enjoy other activities as well. Lots of different activities that don't involve mi madre.

What I'm really not into is the cats everywhere. It's creepy. I wake up, they're sleeping in my clothes basket. I look around when I'm on the couch and they're surrounding me. It's not a comforting feeling, trust me. Here's an example:

Those eyes say one thing, and one thing only: "When you go to work, I'm going to find your most precious object and pee in it."

Fuckin' cats.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home