Tuesday, January 02, 2007

It's been a while...fer sure, dude!

How do I put it? I wasn't feeling necessarily inspired to wax poetic on my quotidian existance. It would have gone something like this: my family has invaded my house and I've resorted to smoking cigarettes on the back porch and drinking by myself in the kitchen all alone. It may have been enjoyable to read about (in that "wow at least my life isn't that kind of shitty" way) but not very fun to recap at the end of a handful of dismal days.

However, I have rediscovered my groove. Thanks, in large part, to a fantastic Thursday night drinking session followed by an excellent drunken New Year's Eve. Shall I detail?

Thursday started out looking a bit mellow - Angie met up with Jesse, Fred, Kelsey and I at this horridly SOMA-esque "asian fusion restaurant/lounge" down the street from work. The high point was leaving. We then headed to Hotel Utah - where we talked some shop, ate some decent bar food, met up with a few more cats, and got harassed by the door man to buy tickets to the impending show. I was sort of interested in hearing the folk/indie thing slated for the evening, but I wasn't feeling paying $6 to do so. We bailed, found a cab, and ended up at Amber @ Church & Market. Smoking inside, cheap drinks, and pouncing on a booth occupied by a few fellow Current folk made it possible to ignore the entirely obnoxious hipster scene. I was coerced into taking something called a "stunt man shot". It's just going to sound retarded if I explain it, so if you are dying to know I'll make you take one with me one drunken evening. Angie and I ended up having to cab it home, since we decided we were having too much fun to leave for last Bart. I don't remember much of the evening past the cab ride, which means I drank just the right amount.

New Years went like this: Santa Cruz house party, beer bongs, champagne, kitchen dance party, hip-hop in Jeff's stalker van, toilet whiskey AND champagne, and passing out on the hardwood floor. Good times were had by all - here are the pics!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home