Wednesday, June 18, 2008

And stuff

Wow, I find myself completely uninspired to write for this thing most days. I blame TV, which I have sworn to swear off for the immediate future, an endeavor yielding 30% effectiveness. I have also decided to mellow out on the drinking, which has proven much more successful. It helps that I relegate my after work activities to the gym, I guess.

In other news, I am not going to be buying a house. I decided not to grow up quite so fast, especially considering my credit. A work in progress, my friends.

I'm re-reading Dave Eggers' A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius. I rarely read books twice, because there is just too much else to read that I have yet to get to. But this book is amazing. I first read it when I was 23 or so, and it's kind of enthralling to read it again from a slightly different perspective. Every once in a while when I'm reading it on the bart into work my iPod will shuffle upon a song I listened to heavily when I first read it, and it's like warping back into that point of my life in a major way. Cool. Dave Eggers is a genius.

Also slowly gearing up for the GRE. I took the verbal portion of the practice test available online and scored pretty high. I saved my pathetic math skills for last, so hopefully I don't completely bomb that part of it and panic about my lack of understanding of high school level math.

Mostly I'm looking for inspiration. I don't seem to have much of the creative gumption that I used to - although perhaps being content instead of deeply introspective is a good thing, eh? But I do feel a tad restless without a clear understanding of why or what I can do to scratch that particular itch. Feeling directionless without feeling useless is a new thing. I'm hoping academic pursuits will satiate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home