Sunday, May 04, 2008

I'm in love.

With a bungalow built in 1910.

It will be mine. Oh yes, it will be mine.

I spent the weekend looking at craigslist postings for apartments. And I just don't think I can do it again. I'm sure landlords are people with feelings and whatnot, but I think they suck on principle. I throw my money away each month so they can watch their investment pay for itself. Tricky bastards. Next time I enter into a lease, I'm going to be the one getting the checks. Fuck that.

I'm sure there are other properties. I could settle for a loft with lake views.

Best part about it? The city of Oakland gives you a deferred loan if you're a first time home buyer. So I actually can afford a place that isn't hideous. And do whatever I want to it.

If I end up buying a house, I'm totally throwing the best housewarming party ever. And I'm registering at Crate & Barrel. Fuck that, my house will cost as much as raising a kid to like age 7 or some shit. Without contributing to overpopulation. I deserve some free shit for that kind of accomplishment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home