Friday, August 06, 2010

The Return of the Wine Night

Ok, I'll be honest. Wine Night never really left. Mark this the official return of the blogging wine night if you must.

I literally don't know what I'd do without wine. Case in point: tonight I opened a bottle of chilled rosé while watching Wes Anderson's The Fantastic Mr. Fox, and then finished the bottle while drunk-cleaning my entire house.

Notes? One, I adore Wes Anderson in a major way. The way I adore my favorite authors and my favorite bands. I could watch his movies on repeat pretty much for the rest of my life. With the exception perhaps of Mr. Fox. I didn't dislike it; rather, for an animated film, I rather enjoyed it. The repetitive tropes of Anderson's former films are present here, along with his usual detached dialogue and penchant for slow, pensive classic rock songs. Put live action characters in there and I'm sold. And as far as CGI/stop-motion characters go, these are pretty awesome. You end up getting the aesthetic feel of Anderson's films translated into a cartoon world, and it totally works. I just don't dig the animatronic thing.

Sidebar. I just drunk-cleaned my house. Put up a dry-erase board with tasks and shit. My new raise means I can pay bills on time and in full, which is an entirely amazing feeling. Work is challenging me and forcing me to learn new things. I'm making it to the gym at least once a week. Life. Is. Good.

Fin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home