Thursday, May 31, 2007

Blog

It's been days since I've written in this thing. Mostly due to the fact that I've been drinking too much and...stuff. Angie came over and we had dinner at the sushi boat restaurant down the street. Much fun catching up and dishing about the past few weeks. Her boy is really glad he wasn't there, due to the extreme girl-ness of the conversation. I have to say, I miss that girl. It's fun reminiscing about old times - and about not-so-old times. Thankfully, she has not submitted to the married crowd yet.

The madre is in New Jersey this week, which is a nice break from the parent thing. I feel bad, because my Mom is pretty mellow. But she's still my Mom and living with her is weird sometimes.

I'm gearing up for a trip to the UK. It's time. I need a vacation. I now need to compose a list of other destinations - because while I'm there I may as well take advantage. I'm thinking I may have to hit up Germany for Octoberfest. I'd also like to see Prague. And I'd love to go back and explore more of Belgium and The Netherlands. Spain is on the list too, but I don't want it to get much longer - because I can't take as much time off from work as many more destinations would warrant.

I wish the weather would stop being so lame. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for foggy weather, it's nice thinking weather. But not in the last week of May. I don't want to be thinking too much in the Summer - I want to be drinking on a porch in the sunlight working on a nice tan. I want to be at the beach. There is a time and a place for damp, cold weather. It's the winter - or it's the Sunset. I'm in neither time or place, so I'm kind of pissed. I got spoiled in Santa Cruz. (As opposed to just never going outside in New Jersey) I forgot the Bay Area is much less temperate. Times like these I need a car so I can drive to the places where it's warm. Damn the lack of car.

Off to bed - I've been staying up way too late and coming to work far past 9. It has to end...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home